Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Lightening Up the Table with Spring Greens!!!

Spring is the time when the world comes out of it's gray dormancy and life returns in all the shades of green! I truly love almost all greens and feel it is a neutral color whether in linens, dishes or even paint! It seems to blend with almost anything. So, I brought out the greens for the table! I kept the centerpiece very similar to last week but changed from the round basket to this green and white ceramic tray.  I am using a favorite runner with shades of green and some brown on a white background.
 The tray is bordered by a leaf motif.
 I added some green nesting material to this nest.
 This is the nest that the birds built in my wreath on the front door then abandoned. The 2 eggs in it are 2 of the 4 that she laid. So sad.
 It is resting on this tiny metal pitcher.
 My stack of dishes sit on a green and white placemat.
 A little green bird is nesting in our bowls!
 I told you about these tiny nests that I also like to use as napkin rings. When I found these at a store in Lancaster county I bought 8 and am so glad I did!
 They are holding a white and a cut out green napkin.
 I tried different flatware but decided on the brown bamboo to accent the brown in the runner.
 I WISH I had green bubble glasses, but I used my clear ones.  And the wire nest votive candles stayed on the table.
 Some gardening implements and clay pots....








 The bird S and P sit in a wire holder too.

 You know me, I had to get some shadow shots:)
 Thanks so much for your visit. I hope you are getting some nice, Spring weather! I bought some of my annuals for my pots on the patio yesterday and plan to do them today as it is supposed to get up to 72!!!
I will be sharing my table at these parties:

 Metamorphosis Monday,

The Scoop,  Inspire Me Tuesday,

Wow Us WednesdaysFeathered Nest Friday

 Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

Share Your Style,  Tablescape Thursday

ave a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson ~ Share Your Cup Thursday

The Dedicated House – Make it Pretty Monday

 A Stroll Thru Life – Inspire Me Tuesday
TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME
Happy List Tuesdays~
Worthing Court - Home(work) Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays 

Ivy @ Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Let’s Dish!
Katherine @ Katherines Corner for Favorite Things Thursday Hop

Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing.
Between Naps on the Porch – Tablescape Thursday

20 comments:

  1. Pinky, your shades of green are just delightful! I'm sitting here and I'm loving your beautiful tablescape, from the placemats, plates and darling salt and pepper birds, everything is just perfect! I'm using green this spring too, it's such a charming color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinky, your shades of green are just delightful! I'm sitting here and I'm loving your beautiful tablescape, from the placemats, plates and darling salt and pepper birds, everything is just perfect! I'm using green this spring too, it's such a charming color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this, one of my favorite tablescapes that you've done. The spring green is so pretty and so are all of your dishes and linens. Gorgeous centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty Spring look Pinky. Love the cute birds and the nest. The centerpiece is perfect and lovely for this table. Happy Spring. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the details! Those cute little clay pots and the garden implements are my favorite! Love the tray and the greens you brought out with the dishes and the cute birds! Spring is getting better each day here- it was around 60 today and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if it's because I really like the co,or green, but this is one of the orettiest tablescapes I've seen. Love that swirly plate the most Pinky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the napkin rings.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinky,
    Totally charming centerpiece and Spring green tablescape, dear friend!!!
    The leaf border tray provides an elegant trayscape for your centerpiece!!!
    Love, LOVE, L O V E all the clay pots. . .especially the one with the "bee"!!!
    I agree the choice of bamboo flatware adds a striking contrast!!!
    In one of my Designer subscriptions, it was written . . ."all greens go together,
    observe how the varying shades of green compliment each other in Nature."
    Your Spring Green Tablescape is living proof!!! Nicely done!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! Thanks so much, Pat!!! You are so sweet and such a loyal follower. I apologize for not getting over to your blog enough. XO

      Delete
  9. Just beautiful! My girlfriends and I have a dinner every month with our fancy place settings. You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this table Pinky!! Just oozes spring to me. I love all the natural elements, the vignette on your tray is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this tablescape. It is stunning! Such wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fresh and pretty! Love your centerpiece...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your greens are fabulous. I am in love with your tablescapes.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Pinky....love those nests you found in Lancaster!...Beautiful table as always and loved how you styled that gorgeous tray!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table is so pretty, Pinky!
    Love the bamboo flatware... would you ever share where you got it?
    Just lovely -- every little detail.

    xox
    A

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so pretty Pinky! I love all the sweet birds and nests at your table. ♥ I stopped putting a wreath on our front door several years ago since the birds were constantly building nests and giving me a heart attack every time I opened the door :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pinky, I absolutely adore your creativity and that green tray is so unique. I have the little bids in a wire basket S & P shakers as well!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Giveaway from The Enchanted Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...