Monday, June 1, 2015

Breakfast and Ideas

Friday morning I decided to have a light breakfast of yogurt, fruit and granola. I layered it all in my Grandmothers parfait glass. I only have 2 of these but love them because I think of her each time I use them. Growing up, we lived in my Grandmother's house and I can picture these in her built in corner cabinet in the dining room. She was a sweet, gentle woman, I was heartbroken when she died.
 I layered peach yogurt, nectarines and a banana. I didn't have any blueberries or would have added some of them too.
 The table is till set with last weeks setting. If you missed that post, you can see it here: http://designsbypinky.blogspot.com/2015/05/new-springsummer-table.html
 Do you get this idea book from Lowes? I think we get one monthly, not sure but they have some great ideas in them!
 It was a nice, filling breakfast and leisurely look through the magazine.
Thanks for stopping by. Partying with:

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely tablescape! Your yogurt parfait looks so yummy and certainly adds such a pretty touch to your table! Your Grandmother's parfait glasses are wonderful and so special! I haven't seen the idea book from Lowes; thanks for sharing it! I have to go there today and will look for it. You have created a beautiful Summer table- love the florals and bird accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow…what a beautiful breakfast, and the parfait looks amazing…heading to fix a smoothie, but it won't look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful table Pinky, you make breakfast seem a lot more exciting. fondly ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely table and the breakfast looks amazing! I could have had some of that this morning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Pinky! Your breakfast looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be over in 5 minutes Pinky! What a pretty table indeed. How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table and how great to sit and enjoy that wonderful parfait....My breakfast of a protein shake was not that pretty.!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pinky, your table is lovely....such attention to detail. And, your breakfast is ever so delightful.

    I love it all!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your table settings and that parfait looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so good Pinky and even better set on the pretty dishes! That's sweet that you have your grandmother's parfait glasses. Little reminders of loved ones like that are nice to have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful setting...thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pinky, your peonies are so beautiful and romantic. They are so pretty in your blue-and-white vase. Your parfait looks scrumptious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pinky! What a yummy Monday's breakfast - made extra sweet served up in your grandmother's pretty parfait glasses. I have not seen Lowe's magazine, but it looks like a fun read. Hope your week was lovely! Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...