Monday, August 24, 2015

A Transitional Outdoor Table for 2

The first few signs of Fall are in the air. The mornings are cooler and the air is different somehow. I admit I LOVE Fall. Everything associated with Fall makes me happy: apples, cider, football, making the first batch of chili, fires out on the patio; it all is fabulous to me. Not to mention decorating for Fall! Pumpkins, mums, etc. Love it and am antsy to start but am enjoying the final dregs of summer. These evenings are beautiful and perfect for enjoying our dinner outside. So, I cut some flowers from the garden, placed them into a new pitcher and set a colorful table!!! It is not summery or Fallish  just "transitional", to me.
 I built the table around the colors of the salad plates. I chose the polka dotted pitcher and then realized there were dots all over!
 The edge of the dinner plate, the design on the salad plate.

 There are little dots on the edge of the green napkin too.
 I paired the green napkin with the patterned black and white to tie in with the pitcher and the iron base of the cement leaf.


 The green flatware compliments all the othere colors.

 I cut some limelight hydrangeas, zinnias, and purple stems of the butterfly bush.

 the hydrangeas are changing color now.
 The zinnias are so vibrant!


 I added the yellow bowls to bring out the yellow in the salad plate.
 We had a chopped Italian salad for dinner. I had mine with cranberry viniagrette and Joe had Italian dressing.


 Can you see the cranberries in the dressing? It was SO good!
 
Thanks for your visit. I will be joining these parties:

10 comments:

  1. Hello Pink,

    Happy Monday. I did feel that cooler air and fog this morning as I was driving to work. Fall is slowly making its spectacular appearance. I do love all the bright and pretty autumn colors and you have certainly put together a gorgeous pre-fall table. The blooms are inspiring.

    Have a great week.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your visit, Janet. I will come see you now.

      Delete
  2. I so love your flowers and how they coordinate so beautifully with your place setting...so glad that you are enjoying the outdoors....still a bit warm to eat out for us...the perfect "Fallsum" table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your visit, Shirley. You are a loyal follower and friend!

      Delete
  3. Hi Pinky! I really enjoyed your colorful and adorable tablescape - those salad plates are my fave. Fall is definitely knocking at the door. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful colors and textures. Your backyard flowers are so pretty! You are lucky to have such a great variety this time of year. I am looking forward to fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinky,
    I adore the vibrant hues in this Transitional Tablescape, dear friend!!!
    The "dots" are all over this place setting, indeed!!!
    Cute salad plates!!!
    Love how the orange placemat rim mimics the orange rim on the plates!!!
    Your salad looks divinely delicious!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Signs of fall are here as well, and I am not ready! Your table would be a good one for any season, and I do like your patterned plates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table for two Pinky, love your color combinations. The orange placemats, orange rim, and orange zinnias really pop on the table. Bet the salad was delish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr Osagie  is a World wide native  doctor from Africa, a high spiritual voodoo priest master. Heisa SpellCaster, Spiritual Herbalist, Powerful Sickle Cell Healer, Psychic Reader, Multi Guru, Witch Doctor, Priest of Africa Money Ritual!
    he  don't the gravity of your situations or distance as long as Water, Ocean, Sand are near to you then your problems of life can be controlled under your foot. His helps includes::=
    Get your ex lover back
    Fruit of the Womb
    Fibroid
    Business Boom
    Financial Breakthrough
    Get Rich without Rituals
    Lotto winning spell
    Bad Dreams
    Promise and Fail
    Epilepsy
    Spiritual Attack
    Land Case/Court Case
    Mental Disorder
    Political Appointment
    Visa Approval
    Cancer
    Examination Success
    Good Luck    
    Natural Health
    Hypertension
    Diabetes+Obesity
    Stroke
    Sickle Cell
    Impotency
    Promotion at Work
    ADD HIM ON WHATSAPP  +2347035866588 ) or email drosagiesolutionhome5@gmail. com    

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for leaving your lovely comments. xo, Pinky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...